Our theme this year is “New Decade, New Ideas”. The workshop will be held at CNM’s Montoya Campus in Albuquerque on March 6th from 8-12.
Register here by March 3rd
Here is a preview of our program:
8:00-8:30: Sign in and breakfast in H 128.
8:30-9:30 (60 min sessions)
- Nathan Farmer: Communicative Language Teaching: Using Tasks to Teach Grammar with the Focus on Form Approach
- Amy Christensen, Laura McIndoo, David Williams: Best Practices in ESL Orientations
8:30-10:00 (90 min sessions)
- Linda Koran: Hands-on Grammar with English on a Roll: Fun and Effective!
- Miriam Corneli, Maxine Swiza: Learning and Lesson Planning with the Brain in Mind: From Synapses and Serotonin to Safety, Satisfaction, and Success
9:45-10:45 (60 min sessions)
- Amy Zhupikov: Interactive Activities to Facilitate in Context Vocabulary Learning
- Rebecca Sherry: Using Blackboard (or your LMS) to Organize Your ESL Classroom.
10:30-12:00 (90 min sessions)
- David Williams: Reflect it Back: Using Mentor Observations to Examine Pedagogical Practices
11:00-12:00 (60 min sessions)
- Christina Trujillo: Effective Reading Comprehension Strategies for English Learners
- Radi Abouelhassan: Project-Based Learning: Insights to Build ESL Students’ Cognition
9:30-11: Networking session
8:30-12: Open PERC (Professional ESL Resource Center) time